Department of Corrections > Visiting the Hudson County Correctional Center
Visiting the Hudson County Correctional Center
Standards of Conduct, Entry Requirements and Rules for Visitors Visitors and inmates shall conduct themselves in manner that should not bring suspicion or discredit upon themselves nor should they be disruptive or offend the sensibilities of others.
Visitors and inmates are required to obey all instructions of department personnel as well as all relevant regulations of the Hudson County Correctional Facility.
- The Hudson County Correctional Facility is smoke-free.
- No cigarettes or smoking materials are allowed.
- Visitors have a responsibility to maintain control over their minor children. If a minor becomes disruptive and is not controlled by verbal instruction from the supervising parent, the visit will be terminated. Physical discipline of minors is not allowed on the premises of the Hudson County Correctional Facility.
- All visitors, including attorneys and official visitors, must be fully dressed in appropriate, conventional clothing which is not unduly provocative, suggestive or revealing.
- Visitors may not wear clothing that resembles inmate attire Visitors may not wear adornments that could be used as weapons.
- Visitors may not wear clothing that displays gang signs, obscenities, drug or alcohol designs, controversial messages or profanity.
- Visitors may not be barefoot. Visitors may not wear any garment which unduly exposes the shoulders, chest, back, stomach, midriff or underarm.
- Visitors may not wear clothing made of sheer, transparent, net, mesh or any see-through material.
- Visitors may not wear clothing designed or intended to be tightly worn or excessively accentuate the body.
- Undergarments should not be visible.
- Dresses, skirts, jumpers, culottes and shorts may not be worn if more than four inches above the kneecap when standing.
- Visitors shall not exchange any article or property with an inmate.
- The department assumes no responsibility for visitor items lost or stolen within the perimeter of the Hudson County Correctional Facility
Department of Corrections
Director of Corrections
30-35 South Hackensack Ave.
Kearny, NJ 07032-4690
Additional Contact Instructions
Press "1" then the extension you need
Record Room Extensions 5083, 5084, 5321
Commissary Ext 5035
Social Services 5071, 5093
Medical Dept 5058
Work Release 5334, 5336